Friday, November 2, 2012

Review: Blox M2C Earphones

After searching around for a good pair of buds, I stumbled upon a Chinese company called Blox. At that time, the M2Cs (literally stands for Manufacturer to Consumer) were being sold at a retail price of $40. I thought I'd give it a shot and ordered a pair.

I was quite frankly surprised when it arrived. It came in a tiny box in bubble wrap and that was it. Inside, it only contains the pair of earphone and a pair of foam tips. I guess it is packed this way to keep their costs down on accessories and packaging to focus more on sound quality.


Side by side with my Cube C30
The Blox M2C came in a tiny box

Inside the box


I won't bore you with technical specifications of these buds, but rather I would just jump straight to the review. Please note, I am in no respect an audiophile, but I do love listening to great quality music.

When I first listened to the M2C, I was so amazed by the clarity and details of the sound it produces. It was crisp and clear, almost sounding too sweet to my ears. Being a pair of earbuds, it is not expected to produce the ear-punching low bass some might prefer. It does however give some quantities of bass, just the right amount for me.

The soundstage is pretty wide and open (as you would expect from these sort of buds). It's somewhat accurate in its positioning and I could almost feel like the songs were being played right in front of me.

Where it truly shines is the highs. Not many earphones could produce highs as clear as with this one. There was no distortions whatsoever when the high notes were being sung.

The build quality I would say is pretty decent. The buds are made out of plastic and no strain relief is provided. Sometimes I just wonder if these could hold up to any sort of abuse from daily use. The cable is pretty thin and flimsy too. However, they are pretty lightweight and comfortable to wear for a long period of time.

Update
I initially bought mine with the intention of using them when I hit the gym, but I fell in love with them that I could not stand the thought of it having it's cable snagged and break. I've had mine for slightly over a year and they are still in great condition. Though I don't think they produce this specific model anymore, Blox has definitely earned a place in my list and I would not hesitate to purchase any of their products seeing how they managed to pack so much quality for so little. Huge thumbs up to Blox!



No comments:

Post a Comment